Hello. I’m Thaila. Nice to meet you!
Here are some facts about me:
- I am 31 years old, although I feel ten years younger.
- I live in Peterborough, England
- I am in remission from having stupid Crohn’s Disease (diagnosed in November 2009)
- I used to have two stomas (first surgery was in March 2010)
- I now have a colostomy (most recent surgery was in May 2016)
- I am addicted to tea. Seriously.
- I spend a lot of time watching videos on YouTube, researching my family tree and collecting sunsets.
- I’m dedicated to raising awareness of IBD, and reducing the stigma around ostomy & bowel-related conditions. I was honoured to appear in the second series of Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s Emmy award-winning series hitRECord on TV in 2015 where I was able to spread that message further afield.
- I am obsessed with many TV shows (mostly Sherlock and Red Dwarf) and refuse to apologise for that 🙂
Also, remember to visit my blog for the latest updates about my life!
Thanks for stopping by!