Hello. I’m Thaila. Nice to meet you!
Here are some facts about me:
- I am 30 years old, although I feel ten years younger.
- I live in Peterborough, England
- I am in remission from having stupid Crohn’s Disease (diagnosed in November 2009)
- I used to have two stomas (first surgery was in March 2010)
- I now have a colostomy (most recent surgery was in May 2016)
- I am addicted to tea. Seriously.
- I married a lovely chap called Chris (in September 2014)
- I spend a lot of time watching videos on YouTube, researching my family tree and collecting sunsets.
- I’m dedicated to raising awareness of IBD, and reducing the stigma around ostomy & bowel-related conditions. I was honoured to appear in the second series of Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s Emmy award-winning series hitRECord on TV in 2015 where I was able to spread that message further afield.
- I am obsessed with many TV shows (mostly Sherlock and Red Dwarf) and refuse to apologise for that
Also, remember to visit my blog for the latest updates about my life!
Thanks for stopping by!